Poltiical Donations Reform
Let’s just go ahead and change it all together:
- Absolutely no contributions, to either the candidate or party; during the election or term.
- Free & equal advertising on all broadcast media.
Alright, kinda extreme. Here are some benefits:
- More than two parties will have a chance.
- Elected officials will be held accountable by everyone instead of just people who can afford it.
- You won’t have to be a millionaire to run for office.
All good points. How about some drawbacks:
- Someone can make a very strong argument that political donations are free speech (I’ll deal with this soon).
- Elections could move even more towards a circus (they’re very close now).